Coronavirus / COVID-19
Please understand that we do not have appropriate facilities or protective clothing and masks and we can therefore not safely see patients at higher risk of COVID-19 within our practice.
We ask you not to come if you have cold/viral/flu symptoms, have had contact with known COVID 19, or have travelled overseas within the last 14 days. Please ring us to change your appointment and we will have extra times available to accommodate this change.
We have zoom conferencing capability if you are unable to attend your appointment in person and this can be organised with reception.
We ask you to minimise the number of people you bring to your appointment and would prefer it if only your partner or one support person come. No-one who has cold/viral/flu symptoms or has had contact with known COVID 19, or has travelled overseas within 14 days can attend the appointment with you.
We ask you to sanitise your hands before entering. At the entrance of our practice you will find sanitiser. You will also find sanitiser at the reception desk and in the waiting room.
We have temporarily removed toys and magazines from the waiting room.
We encourage you to bring your own water bottle as we have temporarily removed the water station and cups.
Within our practice you can rest assured that necessary hygiene measures are taken to reduce spread of infection. Staff will:
- Wash or sanitise hands after every patient as per usual practice
- Sterilise ultrasound probes as per usual practice
- Wipe down the equipment with alcohol wipes after every scan
- Not shake hands with you or others
- Minimise close contact with partners, family, children and others that attend with you
To reduce the risk of infection we have asked our staff to take special measures. They will:
- Avoid international air travel and large crowds
- Avoid public transport
- Not come to work if they have cold/viral/flu symptoms, or if they came in contact with known COVID 19, or have travelled overseas within the last 14 days
Simple measures we can all take to help prevent the spread.
- Wash your hands with soap and water for a minimum of 20 seconds, use hand sanitiser when you don’t have access to a sink
- Avoid touching your eyes, face and mouth
- Sneeze into a tissue or your elbow and cover your mouth if you need to cough
- Keep more distance when greeting family or friends
We understand these are uncertain times, if you have any questions or concerns please don’t hesitate to contact our rooms.